The police have released photographs of five of the seven men who this morning escaped the Savanna-la-Mar lock-up.
Romaine Esson aka Skenko
Junior James alias ‘Bryan’
Ricardo Kerr alias ‘Jawbone’
They escapees are:
- 21-year-old Romaine Esson, otherwise called ‘Skenko’, of Dalling Street, Westmoreland. He was charged with murder and shooting with intent.
- 26-year-old Alton Maxwell of Naggo Head, St Catherine. He was facing charges of murder, illegal possession of firearm and escaping police custody.
- 26-year-old Junior James, otherwise called ‘Bryan’, of Burnt Savannah district, Westmoreland. He was charged with murder.
- 20-year-old Ricardo Kerr, otherwise called ‘Jawbone’, of Waterworks, Westmoreland. He was charged with robbery with aggravation and shooting with intent.
- 18-year-old Bushay Grayson, otherwise called ‘Coolie Man’, of Little London, Westmoreland. He was facing robbery charges.
Reports are that about 12:45 am, during a routine check of the facilities it was discovered that the men made their escape through a hole they made in the roof of a cell.
The public is being advised that these men are considered dangerous and the police should be contacted immediately if anyone knows their whereabouts. Additionally, citizens are being reminded that it is a criminal offence to harbour fugitives.
Anyone with information that could assist the lawmen is being asked to contact the Savanna-la-Mar Police at 955-2536 or 955-2756, Crime Stop at 311, police 119 emergency number or the nearest police station.